Terms & Conditions
1. Your Contract Your contract is with Peter Hopps (PH). By paying a deposit you will be accepting these terms and conditions both for yourself and members of your party. The contract will be construed in accordance with English Law, and it is agreed between us that each will submit to the jurisdiction of the English Courts.
2. General Sailing is an activity sport and the participant warrants that he/she is physically fit enough to sail. Please advise of any condition such as diabetes, asthma, epilepsy, angina or any other heart condition; none of these would necessarily disqualify someone from participating, but we need to know. Sailing can be dangerous; it is the skipper’s sole decision whether to sail or continue to sail, and no refund will be payable should a race or event not be completed. If a race or event is cancelled by the organisers, no refund will be payable.
3. Booking and Payment Bookings will be accepted by PH on the payment of a deposit as agreed between us, except that PH reserves the right not to accept the booking at his sole discretion. The balance will be paid in accordance with a schedule agreed between us, and must be fully paid at least 30 days before the event. Deposits and any further payments will not be refundable unless the berth is resold and notice of cancellation is received by PH in writing at least 30 days before the event. PH reserves the right to terminate anyone’s participation in the event, and may refund any monies paid on a pro rata basis, less a handling charge.
4. Non Participation in an Event All events are subject to demand and subject to availability. Should PH not take part in an event due to an insufficient number participants, he will advise participants and may return moneys already paid. PH’s liability will be limited to the amount paid to him by the participant. PH reserves the right to refuse a booking should the boat be full or for any other reason.
5. Insurance The boat and equipment is fully insured, but this does not cover crew members’ personal possessions. You are advised to carry travel insurance to cover these eventualities, as well as cancellation should that occur.
6. Late Arrivals PH will make every reasonable effort to accommodate late arrivals. However, if such delays inconvenience other participants, the skipper may decide to sail without the delayed crew member. In such cases no refund will be payable.
7. Crew Members’ Responsibilities Participants must:
- ensure that any action they take does not hazard the safety of fellow participants, skippers or yachts
- observe the rules of Customs and Excise and Port Authorities to which they become subject
- observe standards of personal conduct that will not be considered offensive by other participants.
Should anyone’s behaviour be unacceptable, particularly with regard to safety, PH reserves the right to terminate their participation in the event.
8. Cancellation Should the intended boat not be available, PH will make every reasonable effort to secure a replacement If this is not successful and the event or part of the event has to be cancelled, a refund may be payable; any refund will be limited to the amount of money paid in respect of that event. Participants are advised to take out appropriate insurance.
9. Force Majeure Neither party shall be liable if prevented from fulfilling any of its obligations by an incident of Force Majeure including an Act of God, strikes, lock out, an act of Government or any other occurrence beyond their control.